.

.

Friday, December 16, 2011

You Turned Out To Be The......


Beyonce said in her song, 'Best Thing I Never Had'......."I wanted you bad, I'm so through with it, 'Cause honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had, You turned out to be the best thing I never had, And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had, Oh yeah, I bet it sucks to be you right now!"


Why as women, the first thing we say to a man when we break up is your going to miss me or your not going to find someone like me. I will be the first to admit I’m guilty of saying those words, but the reality of it all is if he wanted someone like you, then he would be with YOU. You can’t make a person like, love or be with you if YOU are not what they want in their life at the moment or ever. People like who and what they like bottom line. As women we have to understand that every failed relationship is not our fault, as much as we may love a person they may not be the person that God wants us to be with. I’m learning day by day. I’m growing as a woman day by day and with this growth comes change. Everyone should have an idea of the type of person they want as a mate. Write down your top 10 expectations that you look for in a mate, next write down 10 things you will bring into the relationship. You can’t expect more from your mate than what you’re willing to bring into the relationship…you have to bring to the relationship your expectations from your mate plus more. Stop playing victim, saying none of my relationships work out or there are no good men (not true, there are plenty of good men). Some people are quick to give up on the relationship at the first sign of an disagreement, they already have their mind made up that the relationship is not going to work because of this or that or penalize their mate for what someone else did to them in a previous relationship…let that go or you will never be able to move forward in life and have a healthy relationship. Go into the relationship with the mind frame that this can and will work out. Put in the necessary effort, stop being selfish. You have to speak it into existence. Real relationships do still exist.

Makenzi

Post a Comment