Beware: The websites are occasionally updated—changed—so these instructions may also require updating.
It is a two-step process:
- Go to www.LOC.gov.
- Click on “Open an Account”if appropriate.Otherwise click on“EPCN Login,” for an existing account.
- If “New Account,”read instructions, and then click on “Application to Participate.”
- There is a note at the top,“Click here for Instructions,” for assistance.
- Fill out and click on “Submit.” Within a few days, no more than a week, you will be e-mailed an account number and a password providing you access to the appropriate application form.
- Be at least eight characters in length;
- Contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number;
- Not contain consecutive repeated characters;
- Be recreated following these steps if you wait to use it over 60 days;
- Not be changed more than once per day;
- Not be changed to any of the 11 most recently used passwords.