.

.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Interview with Makenzi!!

Check out my interview with Author T.P Miller


Image

Hey everybody! It’s been a long time since I’ve had the opportunity to sit down and write a blog but I took some special time to get this one in. I got the chance to sit down and talk with the Makenzi, the author of “Unexpected Truth” and most recently, “Wicked Attraction” to be released in October of this year. So take some time to sit back and get to know the author, Makenzi.

T.P.:Okay before we start the interview tell us a little bit about yourself as an author, and what you like to do?

Makenzi: I’m Makenzi, an author with several books under my name since 2006 including, ”Unexpected Truth”, “Dangerously”, “That’s How I Like It!” a short story “Blood Brothers” and October 2013 I will be releasing my newest novel “Wicked Attraction.” Before becoming a self published author in 2013, from 2008-09, I not only was an author on the roster but I also served as the in-house event planner for the publishing company I was previously signed with. My duties included scheduling all the book signings, speaking events, interviews and book club events.  I love to read self-help books

T.P.:Where are you from and what do you do when for a living?

Makenzi:I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio but I currently live in Virginia Beach, VA. Besides being a full time author I also have a full time job with a financial institution

T.P.:Do you have a specific writing style?

Makenzi:I do not have a specific writing style because I don’t want to place limitations on myself.

T.P.:If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Makenzi:Jessica Wright Tilles, (my previous publisher).  Over the years I’ve learned so much about the publishing business from her.

T.P.:When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Makenzi:I officially considered myself a writer when I wrote the last sentence of my first novel, “That’s How I Like It! back in 2004.

T.P.:How long have you been writing?

 Makenzi:I’ve been writing for nine years, I stopped writing for a few years but picked back up my writing in 2010 when I wrote Unexpected Truth.

T.P.:How did you decide on what genre you wanted to write in?

Makenzi: I love to read fiction; I love to read about other peoples drama so I knew when I began writing that I would write fiction

T.P.:What inspired you to write?
Makenzi: There are many things that inspire me to write, the stories I write, I relate to real life. But my biggest inspiration is that writing helps me to heal and go to a place where I can run wild in my mind.
T.P.:What book are you reading now?
Makenzi: Right now I’m not reading any books because I just finished writing Wicked Attraction and I’m about to begin a new project. I don’t read books while I’m writing, it distracts me and I don’t want another story to influence my current ideas.

T.P.:Who are your favorite authors?

Makenzi: Kimberla Lawson Roby

T.P.:How did you feel when you completed your first book?

Makenzi: The feeling I had after completing my first book is indescribable but I felt accomplished.

T.P.:Where is your favorite place to write?

Makenzi: My favorite place to write is in my bed late at night

T.P.:Is your book self published?
Makenzi: Yes, all of my books are now self published and available in paperback, audio and eBook

T.P.:Where can reader purchase your books?

Makenzi: My books are available @ Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, IBooks, ITunes and retail stores everywhere

T.P.:If someone wanted an autograph copy how can they get it?

Makenzi: Autograph paperback books can be purchased directly from me via my email makenzi30@yahoo.com  using PayPal

T.P.:How can your readers get in contact with you?
Makenzi: 
Readers can reach me at:
Twitter @authormakenzi
Facebook: Author Makenzi
Blog: http://authormakenzi.blogspot.com
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/makenzi


T.P.:Tell us your latest news?
Makenzi: I recently became a self published author after being under a publisher since 2006. I’m releasing my newest novel Wicked Attraction, in October 2013. In 2014 I’m going on a book tour and starting a new book project.

T.P.:Please list your titles.

Makenzi: Unexpected Truth”, “Dangerously”, “That’s How I Like It!” “Blood ,Brothers (a short story )” and Wicked Attraction

T.P.:Can you share a little of your current work if any?
Makenzi: Wicked Attraction synopsis:
What’s worse than getting caught up in your own personal drama and feeling as if your back is against the wall and you have no friends to talk to?
Christian Johnson-Banks travels to Los Angeles, California in hopes of finding her mother and bringing her back to Detroit, Michigan. Christian has no real memories of her mother so while dealing with the hopes of building a relationship with her mother, Christian is also dealing with the wicked attraction she has towards her father’s baby brother with whom she’s had a sexual relationship with since she was a young teenager.

Caught up in a sticky situation, Christian tries to cope with her feelings for her uncle as well as find a way to end the relationship with him without her father and husband finding out her sick secret.

T.P.:What do you want to say to your readers?

Makenzi: I would like to say to all of my readers (old and new) that I truly appreciate the support throughout the years it truly means a lot and the feedback helps me to become a strong and better writer.

T.P.:Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?

Makenzi: My advice to aspiring writers is research, plan, if you don’t know ask, obtain a mentor and don’t cut corners to save a few dollars. 


Thank you so much, Makenzi for taking the time to sit down and letting us get to know you! If you don’t have any of her titles, please go out right now and get a copy of these five star reads! Click the links for Amazon purchase links!

Image   Image  Image
Post a Comment