|Shauna has her copy of Wicked Attraction....get your copy today|
Step 1: Start a campaign
Encourage customers to take photos with your book (s) in hand via paperback or eReader. Get creative and start a contest, outlining the contest rules on the social site. If nothing else, be sure to include a hashtag (ex. #authormakenzi #wickedattraction), which will allow you to easily track all photos and measure the success of the campaign. The campaign doesn’t stop on that platform. You can repost customer images across various social media platforms.
- Every customer that participates automatically becomes a brand advocate.
- Fans will share their photos and the contest with their friends and followers.
- Your brand will be introduced to a new group of prospective customers and will cause your campaign to go viral.
Step 2: Get visual on product pages
Every customer photo that is submitted is considered a testimonial. Prospective customers will see that other people support your product and/or service and will be more likely to follow suit. Photo descriptions should have a link to your website where users can purchase the product(s) seen in the photo, which will in turn boost traffic to your website and showcase your other offerings.
- Optimize your website so customers can easily upload your pictures to social media networks.
- Post high resolution, quality photos to increase viral power.
- Your website is where you will convert fans into customers.
Your photos should inspire, educate, or entertain your current and prospective customers. Visual social media platforms give you an opportunity to show your brand’s personality, so have fun with it. Sharing book signing or literary event photos to shed light on your interaction with readers. This helps build the “know, like and trust” factor, which will help build brand loyalty.
Be sure to…
- Diversify the types of photos used.
- Use pictures to make known your company’s culture and brand personality.
- Tell a story because storytelling builds brand loyalty.