42 WAYS TO CELEBRATE READING
1. Attend a book signing by your favorite author.
2. Dress up as your favorite book character.
3. Attend story time at your local library or bookstore.
4. Read to someone.
5. Organize and plan a neighborhood book exchange.
6. Listen to an audio book.
7. Write 4-page story, print copies and handout at bus stop.
8. Spend the day at your local library.
9. Volunteer to read to people in nursing homes.
10. Take the reading challenge: Read 15 minutes a day for 15 days.
11. Create your own bookmarker.
12. Attend a book discussion.
13.Give books as gifts.
14. Get a library card.
15.Write a letter of appreciation to an author and mail it to them.
16.Start a book club.
17.Organize a book discussion about your favorite book.
18.Family book night.....instead of watching TV or playing games everyone reads a book.
19.Donate books to a school or a summer program.
20.Volunteer to read stories at a summer program.
21.Purchase a book by an author you've never read.
22.Support a book event and tell your friends and family.
23.Plan a books and brunch event.
24.Purchase a book from the dollar store.
25.Share book/reading related items on social media.
26.Leave a review for a book you read.
27.Share a great book you have read with a book lover.
28.Start or finish that manuscript you've been writing.
29.Promote a new author.
30.Invite friends over for a slumber party and have a read-a-thon.
31.Plan a books and breakfast event.
32.Give dictionaries as gifts.
33.Spend the day at a bookstore.
34.Make a video review of a book and post to YouTube.
35.Read a cookbook and make a dish.
36.Start a cookbook club.
37.Attend a book festival.
38.Become friends with the library.
39.Write an alternative ending to your favorite book.
40.Design a book cover.
41.Have a book & pajama drive.
42.Eat cake designed like a book!
Copyright 2014 Rekaya Gibson, Kamel Bey, Curtis Anderson